Tuesday, March 22, 2011

How To Publish Your Article On The Kindle

The Amazon Kindle has made it so much easier for an author to self-publish their book. How to Publish and Sell Your Article on the Kindle: 12 Tips for Short Documents, by Kate Harper, provides helpful information about how to publish an article on the Kindle. Many of these tips are also applicable for publishing on the Barnes and Noble Nook and for Amazon "Singles" (short books ranging from 30-90 pages long).

This is a 43-page article for beginners on how to publish and sell short documents for the Amazon Kindle, such as magazine articles or instructional materials. An article is considered a written piece between 3,000 and 30,000 words. Ms. Harper has learned that a writer does not have to publish an entire book in order to receive royalties from their work. She believes articles are the new secret "sweet spot" of the e-Reader publishing market.

The author shares information that she has learned from first-hand experience. She has published the following articles for the Kindle; 20 Steps to Art Licensing: How to Sell Your Designs to Card and Gift Companies, Unusual Ways to Market Your Greeting Cards and 22 Places to Get Your Designs Featured, 7 Mistakes Greeting Card Writers Make and Kid Quotes: Advice for the Office

The author offers readers the following 12 tips for publishing short documents on the Kindle;
1. Selling articles vs. Books
2. Pricing
3. Length
4. Formatting
5. Front Matter
6. Covers
7. Samples
8. Tutorials
9. Links
10. Conversion
11. Previewing
12. Images
Resources

My Thoughts
This article offers a wealth of information. I was especially interested in the formatting. A simple article can be easily formatted on your word processor. The author also explains how to add pictures and links to your article. I plan to follow the guidelines in this article and publish my own article within the next few weeks.
I like this article because it is written specifically for short documents. Ms. Harper provides links in this article and the Resources section at the end is easily worth the price.
Speaking of price, the price of Publish and Sell Your Article on the Kindle: 12 Tips for Short Documents is $0.99!  If you are an article writer and have never published on the Kindle, this article is a MUST READ.

Please let me know what you think in the comments below.

8 comments:

Jeannette Koczela said...

This sounds like a good article to have as a reference. Most article writers are writing 500 to 1000 word articles for the directories so that people will take the time to read them. But on Kindle you can have a longer one such as a special report. Kindle is getting more downloads than book sales at Amazon so that tells you that it's the wave of the future.

Leanne Chesser said...

Sounds like a great resource, Janette. I've heard mixed reviews about publishing articles on the Kindle and I'm not sure where I stand on it at this point. It's also not available for me in Canada yet.

Anonymous said...

Really like your websites details! Undoubtedly a beautiful supply of knowledge that's extremely helpful. Stick with it to carry publishing and that i’m gonna proceed reading by the use of! Cheers.

Anonymous said...

I am really loving the theme/design of your web site.
Do you ever run into any internet browser compatibility problems?

A few of my blog visitors have complained about my site not operating correctly in
Explorer but looks great in Safari. Do you have any advice
to help fix this issue?

Thanks and please visit my website page on Try This Web-Site

Anonymous said...

Wow that was strange. I just wrote an very long comment but after I
clicked submit my comment didn't appear. Sucks! Anyway, just wanted to say excellent blog!
My partner and I often publish guest articles or blog posts for other blog owners to help increase exposure to our work, as well as provide superb articles to blog owners. It really is a win win situation! If you happen to be interested feel free to contact me so we can discuss this further. Kudos!

Here is my blog post :: website design

Anonymous said...

I'm not that much of a internet reader to be honest but your blog is great, thank you!

Stay tuned and review my site at Lab41 for more specifics.

Anonymous said...

Hello,
Would you mind if I share your blog with my myspace group?
There's a lot of folks that I think would really appreciate your content. Please let me know. Many thanks

To access additional content have a look at my web site on Why Not Look Here

Anonymous said...

I was suggesteԁ this webѕite by my
cοusin. І'm not sure whether this post is written by him as no one else know such detailed about my difficulty. You're amazing!

Τhanks!

my wеbѕite :: best legal ecstasy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...