Monday, November 17, 2014

Handmade Thanksgiving Blessings Card

Thanksgiving is just around the corner and it is time to count our many blessings and give thanks.  This is a Thanksgiving card that I designed to send to a dear  lady friend as part of the Hand to Heart Greeting Card Ministry at my church.

I will enter this card in Mo's Challenge #241 - "Thank You".

Here is how I made the card;
I started with a blank 5" by 7" kraft cardstock card.
I found a piece of patterned paper with nice autumn colors in my stash for the background.
I chose the digital stamp "Pumpkins" from Mo's Digital Pencil. I printed the image on white cardstock and colored it with Copic Sketch markers. I used a Spellbinders Fleur-de-lis die to cut around the colored pumpkins.
I cut a piece of dark green cardstock with a scalloped Spellbinders die and layered it with a heart-shaped doily.
I cut a small round tag out of kraft cardstock with a Spellbinders die. I used a rubber stamp for the "Thanksgiving Blessings" sentiment. I attached the tag with a decorative green brad.

Thank you for taking a look at my card. Please share your thoughts in the comments section below.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...