Thursday, January 8, 2015

Dancing With Mummu Birthday Card

Mummu made her first appearance in print in "Getting to Know Ruben Plotnick" written by Roz Rozenbluthand and illustrated by Maurie J. Manning. She is based on Ms. Manning's Finnish grandmother.

I think this is a great image for a birthday card. What is better than celebrating your day by kicking up your heels? You never get too old to have some fun.

This is how I made this card:

I started with a blank kraft greeting card that measures 4" by 5.5". I rounded the corners with a corner punch.

I chose the digital stamp "Mummu" from Mo's Digital Pencil. I paper-pieced the skirt by printing out the image on a piece of flowered paper from my stash. I cut out the skirt and glued it to an identical image that I printed on white card stock. I colored the remainder of the image with Copic Sketch markers.

I cut and embossed the image with an oval Spellbinders die.

I distressed three pieces of background paper (including a piece of the flowered paper that I used for the skirt) and tied them with blue ribbon. I then attached the colored Mummu image to the background. I attached the image/background to the craft cardstock with a Tombow tape runner.

I am entering this card in Mo's Anything Goes in 2015 paper crafting challenge.

Thank you for taking a look at my card. Please share your thoughts in the Comments Section below.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...