Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Handmade Fathers Day Card 2015

I made this Fathers Day card with a rubber stamp and paper piecing.

These are the supplies I used:
Blank 5" by 7" kraft cardstock card
Blonde wood grain patterned paper
Green patterned paper (My Mind's Eye Paper Pad).
A vintage Scafa-Tornabene litho print (1982)
"Dad's Truck" rubber stamp (PrintWorks Collection)
Aluminum foil
Red Stickles glitter glue
A barbeque grill sticker (Jolees)
Tim Holtz sentiment ("Small Talk")

This is how I made the card:
I attached the wood-grain patterned paper to the blank kraft card. I rounded the corners with a corner rounder.

I took the rubber stamp "Dad's Truck" and used a VersaMark Watermark stamp pad to stamp the truck image on a piece of wood-grain paper two times. The first time I stamped with the wood-grain vertical and the second time I stamped with the wood-grain horizontal.

I heat embossed both images with black embossing powder. I cut out the truck and cut out the window. I glued a piece of cellophane behind the window to look like glass.

I used light-weight foil to cover the bumper and the side mirrors of the truck.

I used red Stickles glitter glue for the tail lights.

I cut the tailgate out from the second image that I heat embossed (the wood-grain is horizontal). I used glue dots along the bottom edge to attach it to the truck and then foam squares at the top to make it look three-dimensional.

I put a barbeque pit sticker in the back of the truck.

I mounted the truck on the litho print that features a pretty country scene. I framed the print with the green print paper from My Mind's Eye and attached it to the card.

I chose the sentiment "hold tight, and pretend it's a plan" .

Thank you for taking a look at my card. Please share your thoughts in the Comments section below.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...